Welcome to our blog, where we explore the wonderful world of Pakistani cuisine! Today, we have an exciting recipe to share with you that will surely tantalize your taste buds. Get ready to experience the explosion of flavors that come with Pakistani Spicy Chickpeas. This dish is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients, making it a perfect addition to your meal repertoire.
The Versatile Pakistani Spicy Chickpeas
Pakistani cuisine is known for its vibrant and aromatic flavors, and these Spicy Chickpeas are no exception. Whether you’re a fan of chickpeas or looking to try something new, this recipe is sure to impress. The combination of spices, herbs, and chickpeas creates a symphony of flavors that will leave you wanting more.
Now, let’s dive into the recipe and see how you can create this mouthwatering dish in the comfort of your own kitchen.
– 2 cups of chickpeas, soaked overnight
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 tomatoes, pureed
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
– 2 green chilies, thinly sliced
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 teaspoon coriander powder
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder
– 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– Salt to taste
– Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
1. Drain the soaked chickpeas and rinse them thoroughly. Set them aside.
2. Heat some oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
3. Add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
4. Stir in the minced garlic, grated ginger, and green chilies. Cook for a minute or until fragrant.
5. Add the pureed tomatoes, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a few minutes until the oil separates from the masala.
6. Add the soaked chickpeas to the pot and mix them with the masala. Pour in enough water to cover the chickpeas, and bring everything to a boil.
7. Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let it simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until the chickpeas are tender and the flavors have melded together.
8. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
Now that your Pakistani Spicy Chickpeas are ready, serve them hot with steamed rice, naan bread, or enjoy them as a standalone snack. The choice is yours!
These chickpeas are not only a great option for vegetarians and vegans but also a fantastic source of protein and fiber. So, go ahead and give this recipe a try. We guarantee that it will spice up your next meal and become a family favorite in no time!