Welcome to our blog, where we celebrate the deliciousness of wild blackberries! These juicy, tart berries are a delight to forage and are perfect for making a wide array of mouthwatering treats. Today, we want to share with you our favorite recipe for wild blackberry muffins. These delightful little treats are bursting with the flavors of summer and are sure to become a staple in your baking repertoire.
Wild Blackberry Muffins
– 2 cups of all-purpose flour
– 1 cup of sugar
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
– 1 cup of Greek yogurt
– 2 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 cups of fresh wild blackberries
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, Greek yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
4. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
5. Gently fold in the fresh wild blackberries, being careful not to smash them.
6. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 of the way full.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
8. Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These wild blackberry muffins are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, when they are still warm and the blackberries are gooey and bursting with flavor. However, they can also be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
So, grab your basket and head out into the wilderness to gather some wild blackberries, and then get ready to indulge in these delectable muffins. They are the perfect way to savor the sweetness of summer all year round!