Welcome to our blog! Today, we have a delicious recipe to share with you that is sure to become a family favorite – Tuna Noodle Casserole. This classic dish is a comforting combination of tender pasta, creamy sauce, and savory tuna. It’s easy to make, budget-friendly, and perfect for those busy weeknights when you need a quick and satisfying meal.
– 8 ounces egg noodles
– 2 cans (5 ounces each) tuna, drained
– 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup diced onion
– 1/2 cup diced celery
– 1/4 cup mayonnaise
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the drained tuna, cream of mushroom soup, frozen peas, shredded cheddar cheese, diced onion, diced celery, mayonnaise, garlic powder, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
4. Add the cooked egg noodles to the tuna mixture and gently toss until everything is evenly coated.
5. Transfer the mixture to the greased baking dish and spread it out evenly.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the casserole is heated through and the top is golden and bubbly.
7. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!
This Tuna Noodle Casserole is a versatile dish that you can easily customize to your taste. Feel free to add additional vegetables like carrots or mushrooms, or switch up the cheese for a different flavor. It’s also a great dish to make ahead of time and freeze for later. Simply assemble the casserole, cover tightly, and freeze before baking. When you’re ready to enjoy it, just thaw and bake as directed.
So, the next time you’re craving a comforting and delicious meal, give this Tuna Noodle Casserole a try. We guarantee it will become a staple in your recipe collection!