If you are a fan of breakfast foods and love the delightful taste of French toast, then you are in for a treat with this recipe. Baked challah French toast takes the classic breakfast dish to a whole new level, with its rich and flavorful combination of ingredients. Whether you are hosting a brunch gathering or simply want to indulge in a decadent breakfast, this recipe is sure to impress.
Challah bread, known for its soft and slightly sweet taste, is the star of this dish. By using this traditional Jewish bread, the French toast gains a unique and delectable flavor. The bread is soaked in a mixture of eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and a touch of cinnamon, which adds warmth and depth to the dish. The result is a fluffy and custardy French toast that is baked to perfection.
– 1 loaf of challah bread
– 4 large eggs
– 1 cup of whole milk
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
– 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
– Pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
2. Slice the challah bread into thick slices, about 1 inch thick. Arrange the slices in a single layer in the greased baking dish.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, sugar, and salt until well combined.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the sliced challah bread, making sure each slice is fully soaked. Use a spatula or your hands to gently press down on the bread to ensure it absorbs the liquid.
5. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight if you prefer to prepare it ahead of time.
6. When you are ready to bake the French toast, remove the baking dish from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
7. Once the French toast has come to room temperature, remove the foil and bake it in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the custard is set.
8. Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. The French toast can be enjoyed on its own or topped with your favorite toppings such as fresh berries, powdered sugar, or maple syrup.
This baked challah French toast recipe is a delightful twist on a classic breakfast dish that will surely become a new favorite. With its heavenly combination of flavors and fluffy texture, it is perfect for any occasion. So why not treat yourself and your loved ones to a special breakfast that will make everyone’s taste buds sing?