Are you tired of the same old sloppy joe sandwich? Looking for a fresh and exciting way to enjoy this classic comfort food? Well, look no further because I have the perfect solution for you – Sloppy Joe Casserole! This mouthwatering dish takes all the flavors of a traditional sloppy joe and turns them into a delicious and satisfying casserole that the whole family will love. Whether you’re hosting a casual dinner party or simply want to switch up your weeknight dinner routine, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite in your household!
Introducing Sloppy Joe Casserole
What exactly is Sloppy Joe Casserole, you may ask? Well, think of it as a deconstructed sloppy joe. Instead of placing the meaty filling between two buns, it gets mixed with other flavorful ingredients and baked to perfection in a casserole dish. The end result is a hearty and comforting meal that’s perfect for any occasion.
One of the best things about Sloppy Joe Casserole is its versatility. You can easily customize it to suit your taste preferences by adding your favorite veggies or spices. Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftover sloppy joe filling from a previous meal. Simply mix it with some cooked pasta or rice, top it off with cheese, and pop it in the oven – voila, dinner is served!
Recipe for Sloppy Joe Casserole
Now that you’re familiar with the concept of Sloppy Joe Casserole, let’s dive into a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe that you can try at home.
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1 onion, diced
– 1 green bell pepper, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
– 1/4 cup ketchup
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 teaspoon mustard
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 2 cups cooked pasta or rice
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
3. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the skillet. Cook until the vegetables are softened.
4. Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
5. In a greased casserole dish, combine the cooked pasta or rice with the sloppy joe filling. Mix until well combined.
6. Top the casserole with shredded cheese, if desired.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
There you have it – a simple and delicious recipe for Sloppy Joe Casserole. Serve it with a side salad or some steamed vegetables for a complete and satisfying meal. Enjoy!